Contact Lens Info
Contact Lenses Disposal Intervals
Soft disposable lenses are generally classified as the below, which are based on how frequently they should be discarded:
• Daily disposable lenses — Discard after a single day of wear
• Disposable lenses — Discard fortnightly (every two weeks), or sooner
• Frequent replacement lenses — Discard monthly or quarterly
Contact Lenses Wearing Time
There are two types of contact lenses, which are classified by wearing time:
• Daily wear — must be removed nightly (some patients may confuse daily wear with daily disposable lenses)
The term "continuous wear" is sometimes used to describe 30 consecutive nights of lens wear.
Contact Lenses Designs
Many lens designs are available to correct various types of vision problems:
• Spherical contact lenses are the typical, rounded design of contact lenses, which can correct myopia (near-sightedness) or hyperopia (farsightedness).
• Multifocal contact lenses contain different zones for near, intermediate, and far vision to correct presbyopia.
• Toric contact lenses correct for astigmatism, as well as for myopia and hyperopia.
• Colored contact lenses or cosmetic contact lenses. Many of the types of lenses described above also come in colors that can enhance the natural color of your eyes. Other colored lenses can totally change the color of your eyes.
• UV-inhibiting lenses. Some soft contact lenses help protect your eyes from the sun's ultraviolet rays that can cause cataracts and other eye problems.